THE ROLE: PUBLIC RELATIONS & CONTENT MARKETER SPECIALIST
- The ability to develop well-written, clear and compelling copy quickly.
- Excellent writing, researching, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
- Social media competency, a proven track record of growth in multiple social media channels.
- You have a great ability to relate to, understand and weigh the interests of a variety of audiences simultaneously.
- You possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and are comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture.
- Flexibility, adaptability and team focus are your hallmarks.
- Work with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or another related field.
- You have prior PR and social media experience.
- Experience with AdWords, copywriting for SEO and analysis of marketing analytics is a plus.
- You’ve planned successful events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it.
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of clients.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing projects and ability to perform under deadline pressures.
- Coordinate with multiple client contacts; effectively prioritize and delegate projects; and manage budgets and resources to match client budgets.
- Research, write pitch proposals for, plan and coordinate speaking engagements and other PR events.
- Write copy for websites as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates.
- Write copy for press releases and social media postings.
- Reach out to editors and secure interviews, editorial and media opportunities.
- Monitor performance and identify trends/spikes in traffic based on campaigns.
- Own client relationships and work with exceptional organizational and relationship skills.
- Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Set and manage the budget, manage timely billing and reporting, and utilize team members’ time efficiently.
- Stay on top of industry best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and ensure Creative Company delivers.
- Be responsible for budget management on accounts and stay ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
HOURS: This is a full time position.
EARLIEST START DATE: February 5, 2017
The Creative Company is a PR and Digital Agency in downtown Madison. The agency began more than 25 years ago and continues to thrive serving many non-profits in the Madison area, several BtoB and BtoC Brands in Madison and a national retailer.
Parking is provided at our location just 6 blocks west of the Capitol and we are on the bus route and near the bike path.
The Creative Company is certified by the State of Wisconsin as a women owned business.
The best brands are built from the inside out.
In writing a story so captivating people are drawn to it.
Values trump everything.
A business can do good and be good.
Marketing isn’t an expense, it’s an investment in the future.
Inclusion inspires innovation.
Great ideas don’t come from New York or LA, they come from between your ears.
Technology and art and commerce are at their best when they come together to solve problems.
Our greatest potential lies not in things but in people.
Your reputation is your most valuable asset.
Qualified candidates, please send resume/cover letter to email@example.com.