We are looking for a connector who has a passion for content marketing, social media and tells a great story.
The ideal candidate is someone who is not afraid to jump right in and try. If you are an energetic thinker, self-motivated, inquisitive and confident, with a strong voice and a desire to collaborate, keep reading.
The Creative Company was started by me (Laura) 28 years ago when I was a senior in college. We have grown to one of the most respected agencies in Madison, receiving awards for ATHENA, 2016 Trailblazer Award, PRSA & more!
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills —comfortable writing editorial and more business-focused pieces
- A passionate storyteller with press releases and publishes engaging content
- Demonstrates ability to lead thinking and manage schedule and time
- Social media savvy — you manage your own Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts and are comfortable managing ours
- Solid understanding of branding, including brand architecture, DNA, positioning and brand identity
- Know the difference between B2B and B2C marketing
- Driven to succeed
- Likable, inspirational, interesting, easygoing and you have a sense of humor
- Has an artistic eye
- People are able to relate to you and you understand and weigh the interests of a variety of audiences simultaneously
- You possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and are comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations
- You are detail/process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details
- Flexibility, adaptability and team focus are your hallmarks
- Able to put yourself out there and accept a well-reasoned alternative view
- You focus on how people think, and how to create something worth knowing about
- You have, or will have, a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or another related field
- You have prior PR, marketing or design experience
- You have a writing background
- You’ve worked in Adobe Suite and Canva, as well as Google Drive
- You’ve planned events
OVER THE COURSE OF YOUR TIME HERE, YOU WILL
- Generate ideas for engaging content, then pitch storyboard and write ideas before launching them
- Write copy for press releases and social media
- Research and write proposals
- Plan and coordinate speaking engagements and other marketing events
- Support the creation of presentations for various industry conferences
- Reach out to editors to secure interviews, editorial and media opportunities
- Monitor marketing performance and identify trends/spikes in traffic
- Participate in many idea creation sessions
MENTOR: Account Executive/Public Relations Practitioner
HOURS: Minimum of 20 hours a week works best.
EARLIEST START DATE: May 15, 2017
COMPENSATION: Hourly. We do not offer college credit in exchange for your work.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com