Job description: The Creative Company, a leading PR & Digital Agency, is seeking a part-time executive assistant and office manager. We produce a large event in the fall which may or may not require additional hours in November.
- Managing the calendar of the Executive to balance the efficiency and accessibility of those within and outside the organization.
- Scheduling all internal meetings, business travel, conference calls, and client visits.
- Prioritizing conflicting needs of the managing Executive’s calendar in a proactive and effective manner to ensure timeliness, preparedness and follow-through
- Administrative duties that include timely preparation of expense reports, invoice payments, scanning and electronic filing of documents, track budgets, coordinate travel arrangements, prepare correspondence, reports, and agendas.
- Making sure birthdays are recognized for staff and we don't forget the holiday pie.
- Providing technological support on an on-going basis: use internet-based meeting programs to arrange calls/webcasts. (Web-Ex)
- Organizing meetings
- Proven project management skills
- Anticipating material and technology resources needed for meetings
- Answering telephones
- Reading, prioritizing, and debriefing the Executive about all incoming mail, calls, emails, and writing required responses in consultation with the Executive
- Responding to internal and external contacts of the organization with professionalism and integrity
- Capable of being discreet and understanding the personnel, organizational and legal impacts of the information they handle
- Preparing conference room and staff for meetings
- Filing and organization of important documents
- Report and proposal preparation
- Working with the Contracted CFO providing bookkeeping and invoicing support
- Updating and maintaining lists
- Posting calendar updates on news sites
- Internet research
- Providing HR support
- Organizing Google drive and server documents for staff
- Managing Basecamp and Client Projects on online tools
- Keeping office organized
- Basic Wordpress updates on websites for clients and the agency
- Updating and maintaining all agency databases
- Running errands such as finding gifts for clients, ordering food for meetings and picking up items for photo shoots.
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience as an Executive Assistant
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, HR, Communications or Accounting preferred, however, former daycare providers with a degree in communications would excel in this position and are encouraged to apply as they have the skills to wrangle creative people.
- Previous experience working in a similar position is highly desirable
- Must have excellent, interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment, emphasizing accuracy and timeliness.
- Diplomatic, tactful and discrete concerning confidential information with unquestionable integrity at all times.
- Comfortable speaking with a wide variety of colleagues, executive’s external contacts, advisors, financial professionals, and staff.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure
- User of Microsoft office
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with great attention to detail
- Demonstrate professional interaction with clients and consultants
- Be able and willing to work in a hard-working, fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated and pro-active with a positive and professional approach
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours per day
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
You will report to the President. She is an ENFP on the Meyers Briggs. She is idealistic, visionary and not necessarily focused on details. She needs a strong assistant who will help keep her on track and organized. A positive, encouraging person with a great attitude and some PR, advertising, marketing or event planning background will be a good match for the PR firm, clients and president.
HOURS: 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 or 3:00 p.m. You may the opportunity to work additional hours.
EARLIEST START DATE: This position is available immediately
PARKING is provided at our location just 6 blocks west of the Capitol and we are on the bus route and near the bike path.
BENEFITS: Included for full time employees. To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements and soonest possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: November 30, 2018
Valid Through: December 15, 2018