The Creative Company is one of Wisconsin's leading PR and Digital agencies where leaders of non-profit organizations and companies go when they are growing, building or changing. We are looking for freelance PR and Social Media practitioners to make a difference with us. If you are a former full-time PR or social media professional who enjoys making client contributions but would rather work in a freelance or part-time capacity, let’s talk.
Specific responsibilities may include the following, with other duties as assigned:
Public Relations Freelancers
- Develop trusted relationships with media contacts in targeted markets making our clients the go-to source for news stories and interview opportunities.
- Develop a plan to elevate the quality and quantity of placements for clients.
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote our clients as thought leaders.
- Drive editorial strategy, campaign cadence and proactive and reactive efforts earned outreach for clients.
- Write press releases, statements, pitches and other earned media communications.
- Provide crisis communications support and strategy.
- Secure interviews and coordinate them successfully for clients.
- Message preparation and briefings for company executives/spokespeople.
- Monitor media (including social media) for issue awareness and coverage on key topics.
- Help maintain and build key media lists for various campaigns and outreach.
- Prepare media coverage reports.
- Manage wire distribution of stories.
Social Media Freelancers
- Write copy for social media campaigns, schedule and monitor for performance.
- Write copy for websites as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates.
- Write and/or guide video storytelling.
- Produce Facebook live events.
- Keep content moving from idea to distribution (22 steps).
- Drive digital advertising campaigns.
- Translate client business needs into communication action steps.
- Coordinate multiple client projects, effectively prioritizing projects and managing budgets and resources to match client needs.
- Edit and proofread client materials.
- Work as part of an account team to develop and implement client proposals.
- Manage project timelines across multiple client accounts and prepare regular status updates/reports for client meetings and calls.
- Communicate and work well with others at the agency to achieve goals for clients.
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Be a strong communicator and presenter.
- Bachelor's degree preferred 3+ years of experience in PR, journalism, social media or strategic communications preferably on the agency side.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with great attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated with a positive and professional approach.
- Possess the ability to work independently.
- Proven track record of successful media placements Build positive working relationships.
- Work late and/or on weekends as needed Demonstrate strong instincts as a problem solver and a creative thinker.
*Please submit your availability and freelance rate with your cover letter to:
Note the position you are applying for in the subject line.