The Creative Company is one of Wisconsin's leading PR and Digital agencies where leaders of non-profit organizations and companies go when they are growing, building or changing. We are looking for an experienced Public Relations Practitioner to join our team.
Specific responsibilities include the following, with other duties as assigned:
- Develop trusted relationships with media contacts in targeted markets making our clients the go-to source for news stories and interview opportunities.
- Develop a plan to elevate the quality and quantity of placements for clients.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to promote our clients as thought leaders.
- Drive editorial strategy, campaign cadence and proactive and reactive efforts earned outreach for clients.
- Write press releases, statements, pitches and other earned media communications.
- Play a key role in crisis communications
- Secure interviews and coordinate them successfully for clients.
- Message preparation and briefings for company executives/spokespeople
- Monitor media (including social media) for issue awareness and coverage on key topics
- Help maintain and build key media lists for various campaigns and outreach
- Prepare media coverage reports
- Write copy for websites as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates.
- Write copy for social media campaigns, schedule and monitor for performance
- Write and/or guide video storytelling
- Produce Facebook live events
- Keep content moving from idea to distribution (22 steps)
- Translate client business needs into communication action steps.
- Coordinate multiple client projects, effectively prioritizing projects and managing budgets and resources to match client needs.
- Manage wire distribution of stories
- Media training for clients
- Edit and proofread client materials
- Work as part of an account team to develop and implement client proposals.
- Manage project timelines across multiple client accounts and prepare regular status updates/reports for client meetings and calls
- Write speeches and prep slides for clients
- Communicate and work well with others at the agency to achieve goals for clients
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Be a strong communicator and presenter
- Bachelors degree preferred 3+ years of experience in the public relations field preferably on the agency side
- Be proactive, reliable, responsibleand accurate with great attention to detail Demonstrate professional interaction with clients and consultants
- Be able and willing to work in a hard-working, fast-paced environment
- Be self-motivated and pro-active with a positive and professional approach Possess the ability to work independently
- Proven track record of successful media placements Build positive working relationships
- Work late and/or on weekends as needed Demonstrate strong instincts as a problem solver and a creative thinker.
- Documented history of driving brand and financial goals
The Creative Company offers a competitive benefits package.
Send resumes to: