Job description: The Creative Company, a PR & Digital Agency, is seeking a Public Relations Professional to provide PR service for the agency.
Needs to be a lover of details, strong planner, proactive and driven.
- The ability to develop well-written, clear and compelling copy quickly.
- Excellent writing, researching, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
- Social media competency, a proven track record of growth in multiple social media channels.
- You have a great ability to relate to, understand and weigh the interests of a variety of audiences simultaneously.
- You possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and are comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture.
- Flexibility, adaptability and team focus are your hallmarks.
- Work with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or another related field.
- You have prior PR and social media experience.
- Experience with AdWords, copywriting for SEO and analysis of marketing analytics is a plus.
- You’ve planned successful events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it.
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of clients.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing projects and ability to perform under deadline pressures.
- You are professional, kind and smart.
- Research, write pitch proposals for, plan and coordinate speaking engagements and other PR events.
- Write copy for websites as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates.
- Write copy for press releases, content marketing and social media postings.
- Reach out to editors and secure interviews, editorial and media opportunities.
- Monitor performance and identify trends/spikes in traffic based on campaigns.
- Own client relationships and work with exceptional organizational and relationship skills.
- Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Set and manage the budget, manage timely billing and reporting, and utilize team members’ time efficiently.
- Stay on top of industry best practices, client and competitor brand activity, and ensure Creative Company delivers.
- Be responsible for budget management on accounts and stay ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
This is a full-time salaried position with the opportunity for raises and/or commissions. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation time, and partial reimbursement for health insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
EARLIEST START DATE: This is a new position. Soonest start date: Mid-January.
PARKING is provided at our location just 6 blocks west of the Capitol and we are on the bus route and near the bike path. Free game day parking too!
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements and soonest possible start date. The Creative Company offers a creative and inviting work environment, a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit your resume and complete samples of your work i.e.: press releases, pitches, campaign development outlines, and other material you feel relevant for the first phase of review.
Note that the above job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Creative Company and the employee. The Creative Company has sole discretion to change the job description as its needs and the job requirements change.
Posted: January 2, 2019
Valid Through: January 31, 2019