Job description: The Creative Company, a PR & Digital Agency, is seeking a an experienced Public Relations Professional to provide PR and Operations leadership for the agency. The purpose of this role is to take the agency to the next level by freeing the President up to create more content, develop more new business for the agency and create new opportunities for the firm.
Needs to be a lover of details, strong planner, proactive and driven.
- Develop trusted relationships with media contacts in targeted markets making our clients the go-to source for news stories and interview opportunities.
- Develop a plan to elevate the quality and quantity of placements for clients.
- Proactively identify opportunities to promote our clients as thought leaders.
- Drive editorial strategy, campaign cadence and proactive and reactive efforts earned outreach for clients.
- Write press releases, statements, pitches and other earned media communications.
- Provide crisis communications support and strategy
- Secure interviews and coordinate them successfully for clients.
- Message preparation and briefings for company executives/spokespeople
- Monitor media (including social media) for issue awareness and coverage on key topics
- Help maintain and build key media lists for various campaigns and outreach
- Prepare media coverage reports
- Write copy for websites as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates.
- Write copy for social media campaigns, schedule and monitor for performance
- Write and/or guide video storytelling, collateral creation, capital campaign needs and digital ads
PR Agency Project Manager
- Creates and updates the weekly project timeline for all clients and staff
- Runs Monday meetings for all projects and staff
- Keeps all staff on time and on task
- Oversees, manages and hires
- Executes on marketing tasks for clients (includes booking clients as speakers, soliciting awards, creating collateral, writing for web and social media and other non-media relations tasks for our clients)
- Proactive central point of task organization
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency at the agency
- Manage team concerning operations and administration. Ensuring fulfillment of duties to full capacity, in line with Agency policy and procedure, and addressing any issues that might arise
- Work closely with the President/Founder to grow the agency
- Hiring, scheduling reviews and managing day to day staff needs (4 to 7 employees including interns)
- Work with freelancers and subcontractors to insure projects are on time and on budget
- Manage project timelines across multiple client accounts and prepare regular status updates/reports for client meetings and calls
You will report to the President and provide account management for many of the agency's clients. The President is idealistic, visionary, and committed with a 30 year track record of success. The agency needs a confident, smart, intuitive manager who will take care of the day to day. A positive, encouraging person with a great attitude as well as PR, advertising, marketing and event planning background will be a good match for the PR firm, clients and president.
- You have worked as PR Account Executive or Manager in a fast paced AGENCY
- ble to effectively pitch, present and engage with media, clients and team.
- Understanding of incorporating PR and Social Media Marketing to niche target audiences
- Present a proven track record of securing relevant and valuable media coverage for clients on a regional and national basis. (both in-print and online)
- Ability to plan and compose monthly pitching plans and strategies.
- Outstanding prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
- Creative, resourceful problem solver
- Management skills
- Must be extremely professional, excellent communicator, self directed (but coachable)
- Energetic, Positive Executive Presence
- Committed and Unwavering Client Focus
- Strategic and Budget Planning
- Efficient and Results Driven
- Articulate Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or Strategic Communications
This is a full time salaried position. Base + Commission based on your performance.
EARLIEST START DATE: This is a new position. Soonest start date: Mid-December.
PARKING is provided at our location just 6 blocks west of the Capitol and we are on the bus route and near the bike path. Free game day parking too!
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements and soonest possible start date to email@example.com.The Creative Company offers a creative and inviting work environment, a competitive salary and benefits.Please submit your resume and complete samples of your work i.e.: press releases, pitches, campaign development outlines, and other material you feel relevant for the first phase of review.
Note that the above job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Creative Company and the employee. The Creative Company has sole discretion to change the job description as its needs and the job requirements change.
Posted: November 30, 2018
Valid Through: December 15, 2018