THE ROLE: The Creative Company is looking for a #connector who has a passion for content marketing, social media, and a great story. This is a two-semester internship for undergrad, recent grads or grad students.
Candidates must be creative, be active on social media, and have a strong desire to learn about social media and public relations with a fun and exciting agency. This internship provides hands-on experience with our team.
We foster a highly collaborative environment that focuses on creativity and mutual support. We are excited to grow and to groom future leaders in this field!
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills — you love to write, you do it a lot, and you are comfortable writing editorial and more business-focused pieces but you would write even if no one paid you to do it
- Ability to write powerful press releases and publish engaging content
- A demonstrated ability to lead thinking and manage your own schedule and time
- Social media savvy — you manage your own Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts and are comfortable managing ours as well
- A solid understanding of branding 101
- You know the difference between B2B and B2C marketing
- You would succeed wherever you went because you are personally driven to do so
- You have excellent grammar
- Bonus: photography and videography skills
- People like you. You are inspirational, interesting, easygoing and you have a sense of humor
- Design, aesthetics, creativity, and art are important to you
- You have a great ability to relate to, understand and weigh the interests of a variety of audiences simultaneously
- You possess the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and are comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations
- You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture
- Flexibility, adaptability and team focus are your hallmarks
- Putting yourself out there is no problem, but neither is accepting a well-reasoned alternative view
- You are into how people think, why they do what they do, and how to create something worth looking at, watching or knowing about
- You have or will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or another related field
- You have prior PR, marketing or design experience
- You have a writing background
- You’ve worked in Adobe PhotoShop
- You’ve planned events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it
- Write copy for press releases and social media postings
- Create and maintain social media calendars for The Creative Company and our clients
- Ability to manage multiple social media platforms at one time including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Hootsuite, and Instagram.
- Analysis of social media results and the ability to interpret results
- Manage our website’s as well as client blogs; write weekly news updates that will launch on our site
- Reach out to editors and secure interviews, editorial and media opportunities
- Write case studies for our website
- Monitor marketing performance and identify trends/spikes in traffic based on various launches
- Secure crisis communication speaking engagements for The Creative Company
- Answer calls, work the Keurig, make copies and take out the trash
HOURS: 15 to 20 hours a week works best. Must be able to work in the office during scheduled hours.
INTERNSHIP TERMS: This is an eight 6-8 months paid internship. You must be able to work on-site.
EARLIEST START DATE: ASAP
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please send your resume and cover letter with “internship” in the subject line to email@example.com, and connect with us on social media!